Some of my guitars, over the years

Here's my 80s Ibanez Artist solidbody



Here's my Ibanez Allan Holdsworth guitar (2 pickup model).
This was a lovely guitar! Basswood, very light weight, open airy sound, really nice. The very early models of these only had one pickup. They only made these for a couple of years, late 80s/early 90s. You can can see I have it rigged for Roland guitar synth. Note the Pearce guitar amp. I still have that.

I actually loved the neck on this guitar so much that I had luthier Marc Beneteau shape my Ibanez Roadstar II neck to the same specs. This neck had an ebony fingerboard and later, I had a neck made with the exact specs of this neck (except rosewood) and used it for other custom guitars I created, like my orange ash strat and my the brown strat what went to Europe with me one fateful trip (2000), and that lovely neck broke right in two while going down the Special Handling ramp at the Toronto airport. Bummer. I still have it somewhere, all broken. Luckily I had insured it by email only hours before, so it was covered. 



A youthful Marg! Wow, look at all this vintage gear!
Supro guitar (why did I sell that again?). My first red Gibson (I don't remember the model of this..it wasn't a 335, you can see the wooden bridge and the trapeze tailpiece). Note the Musicman RD amp!..and in the back, a standard orange Roland Cube (probably brand new).




Here's my Gibson 125 with P90s (or possibly P100s).
I bought this guitar when I went on the road with Big Rude Jake. I still have this guitar and would never get rid of it in a million years.



Here's a young me with my blonde Gibson ES-175. 
I'd give about a 1000 bucks to have this guitar back. What was I thinking selling this??



Ah, we're into the great hair shots (yikes). So that's what I was doing in the 90s. I was playing fusion guitar. Here I am with my green Furlanetto guitar. It was one serious guitar. It was rigged for Roland synth action. (This is probably the last time I ever appeared in public in a skirt.)


Ok , I'm out with the early 90s hair. Here's one of my custom strats, orange basswood, also rigged for Roland guitar synth as you can see. I was never crazy about this guitar, it was too bright, and too edgy. I soon replaced it with...something else.  


The only Telecaster I ever owned, which is weird considering how many strats I've had, and I wouldn't even call myself a "strat person". I guess I'm a "2 humbuckers" kind of person, but I would love to have nice tele.

 

Fast forward
My current main ax, a Steinberger Synapse. Love it!




Here I am playing my Hammertone guitar made at the Guitar Clinic in Hamilton. This was the original prototype and ended up at Grant Ave Studio for a long time, at which point it came into my possession. It's sunburst with a pickguard, the only one like that. (that's Faith Nolan playing the banjo)



Here's my fabulous forever guitar 1980 Ibanez Roadstar II. I would never get rid of this in a million years. I had it rigged for guitar synth for a few years. Right now it has a Bill Lawrence in the neck and a Shadow in the bridge. I also had the neck of this guitar shaped to the specs of the Ibanez Allan Holdsworth. I also sanded the Ibanez logo off the headstock (what was I thinking? I wanted a generic look, stupid.) But this Ibanez guitar is a "player guitar".


Here is the same Ibanez Roadstar pre-sanding the logo off the headstock. I had both Shadows pickups in at this time.


The Ibanez Roadstar II again, looks like no logo



Ah, my wonderful Gibson ES125
(photo by Greg King)


The absolutely necessary, and ultimately satisfying Steinberger Synapse. Never want to travel with anything else!
(photo by Greg King)


Want an old Stella acoustic, perfectly set up and playable?